Author: Sue
•8:12 AM
I love the Internet! You can find information on anything you want! I found so many ways to get rid of ants I am just going to list some of them and in the process I may try them all to see what will work! The first thing I tried was to sprinkle baby powder around which supposedly the ants hate, especially the scented kind. To my amazement it seems to be working! Not only are they afraid to cross it but they are scurrying away from it! Vinegar and water sprayed on them works also and doesn't smell as strong as the insecticides which is overpowering me at the moment. 
To repel them use:
  1. Cinnamon
  2. Black Pepper
  3. Mint
  4. Cloves 
  5. Cayenne pepper
  6. Bay leaves
I know in the past I have sprayed them with Windex, Simple Green, anything I could find and it kills them for the moment but they do return so I am going to try these repellents instead.
As for the sprays I may just use Windex and Ivory soap combination to spray them with because it doesn't smell as bad as the Ortho spray. So just so you know the ants have retreated for the moment shortly after sprinkling the Baby powder around! I am delighted to see that something actually worked!
|
This entry was posted on 8:12 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: